Elle's Book Blog's Reviews > From Here to You

bookshelves: romance

Release Date: August 21, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Actual Rating: 3.5-4 stars

Jamie McGuire has always been one of my favorite authors as I fell in love with Beautiful Disaster. While none of her other books truly stacked up to that one, I think From Here to You is on that track. It's a sweet, single mother/surprise pregnancy romance with suspenseful elements, and a one of a kind alpha hero. Trex is dreamy. He's a special agent, fiercely protective, and refuses to settle down until "the one" shows up in his life. Darby Dixon is the quintessential small town, southern belle. She doesn't swear, believes in god, loves church and Christ, and would prefer to be hurt than hurt someone else. But she runs from her past life the day of her wedding in order to get away from a bad situation and finds herself alone, broke, and scared. Good thing her southern values and charm gets her a job, and looks from admirers.

What happens with Darby and Trex is something straight out of a movie. It happens fast, but it's meaningful. The suspenseful elements are interesting, although it's stuff I have read time and time again. All in all though, it's a good book with great characters. I just wish the plot and relationships within the book had a bit more substance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Here to You.

August 2, 2018 – Started Reading