Chelsea Humphrey's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

47207032

liked it
bookshelves: audible

While I didn't love this one as much as Outlander, I did enjoy it and am finding myself somewhere between a 3-3.5 stars. After the initial shock of the jump forward in time, I eased into the story and enjoyed traveling from France, to Lallybroch, back to where we began, and of course adored the continuation of Jamie and Claire's love story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

August 2, 2018 – Shelved
August 4, 2018 –
8.0% "It will probably take me 2 months to finish this one, but I'm really enjoying it so far!"
April 5, 2019 – Started Reading
April 13, 2019 –
25.0% "A nun with a familiar. 🧐 #themoreyouknow"
April 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Jessica I’m a little more than halfway through this one, and I stopped for reasons I don’t remember (probably other books I started). You have reinvigorated me to pick it back up!

Chelsea Humphrey Jessica wrote: "I’m a little more than halfway through this one, and I stopped for reasons I don’t remember (probably other books I started). You have reinvigorated me to pick it back up!"

I know what you mean girl. These books are long and a huge time investment!

Tanya I read the first book and struggled to get into the second book. I am going to try the series as an audiobook! Thanks for the recomendation

Chelsea Humphrey Tanya wrote: "I read the first book and struggled to get into the second book. I am going to try the series as an audiobook! Thanks for the recomendation"

Very welcome! I’ve also struggled with the print copies but the narrator, Davina Porter, is so talented and engaging that she really draws me in.

Tanya I am reading this or I should say listening - thank you Chelsea, way better than reading the series!

Bookish Ally I put this AUDIOBOOK aside and felt terrible - I actually feel better now that I see others found it draggy as well. 😊

Jessica Metzger Nye First half of this one is PAINFUL, but I found the second half to be so good that I was glad that I stuck through it and finished. I have completed the third one, but man... what is it about books that are more than 500 pages? It is almost like you have to "psych" yourself up for it and pick the perfect time. I have been putting off reading the 4th installment for this very reason, but I can't quit and leave a series unfinished!

Chelsea Humphrey You’re right Jess! I’m the same way; I’m sure I’ll read them all eventually because I hate leaving series unfinished, but it likely won’t be anytime soon

Cait I couldn’t place why I hated book 2 so much and I think you hit the nail on the head! I’m going to give book 3 a try, too!