Reeca Elliott's Reviews > Abandoned

Abandoned by Allison Brennan

bookshelves: kindle-app, netgalley

Max is an investigative reporter and she is on the biggest case of her life....finding out what happened to her mother, Martha Revere. Max's mother left her with her grandmother when she was just a small girl. Max received several postcards from her through out her life. Then the postcards just stopped. Max wants to know why!
Max is a no nonsense, get the job done, lady! When she sets her mind to something she is going to see it through. Martha Revere is the complete opposite of her daughter. She is a fly by night, could care less kind of person. Martha is a con artist...a rich con artist. She is living off her trust fun money and traveling the world. And where this lands her? Try art theft!
I love this tangled web of deceit created by Martha. She is no dummy. She cons a con and that is hard to do. This puts her in hot water. Max is slowly unraveling Martha's exploits. This puts Max in more danger than she cares to admit! Plus, it leads her to find out something she never expected.
This is a lightening fast read with great characters and a great mystery. Allison Brennan has written tons of books. I cannot believe I have missed her! How?!? She is now on my list!
I received this novel from Minotaur Books via Netgalley for a honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandoned.

August 2, 2018 – Started Reading
August 2, 2018 – Shelved
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-app
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 12, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Fab review, Reeca!

Reeca Elliott Tammy wrote: "Fab review, Reeca!"
Thank you chick!