Kim's Reviews > The Moving Finger

The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie

Dec 16, 2011

Hrm... this was my first Agatha Christie book and it shall certainly NOT be my last! Currently, it is 2:30 in the morning. I had planned to go to bed at midnight, but I foolishly (yet wisely) picked up "The Moving Finger". I have had to go to the bathroom for the last 20 minutes did not get off the couch because I simply could NOT put this book down let alone go to bed! From about page 95 (in the 195 page version that I read) onward, I had suspected a certain character to be the "Poison Pen". My assumptions grew enormously as the book moved on, but there is a tremendous plot twist at the end. I have a bit of difficulty remembering who's who in books, and this novel was no exception. I did enjoy the personalities of each individual. My favorite character might have been Mrs. Dane Calthrop because of her straightforward personality and because she seemed like a woman who did not entirely fit the general norm. Overall, it was a great read. I would recommend this book to people who like mystery (which is a given b/c it's Agatha Christie), possibly romantics, and people who are okay with some violence. Age-wise: probably 17+, although it is not by any means just for young adults. I just would probably not allow a 15 year old to read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moving Finger.

December 16, 2011 – Started Reading