Gabby's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 16, 2011

bookshelves: action-adventure, e-books, fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal-romance, young-adult, series

Originally posted @ The YA Bookworm

I have encountered A lot of YA drool worthy boys, like erm... let's see ahm a Hot Vampire *check* , A hot Werewolf *check* , a Hot Shadowhunter *check*, A hot Slayer *check* , A hot faerie *check*( ok,ok stop with the Fangirling) but I have never ever encountred a hot, drool worthy *coughs* Alien!?

Obsidian is the second novel from Jenifer L. Armentrout the author the Covenant series, I am not actually a huge fan of of the covenant series cause the book is the exact same clone of the Vampire Academy series, just different names for the Characters. so I was a bit skeptical if I should read this one, an oh the aliens being gorgeous is kinda intriguing so I was a bit curious so i decided to give this one a try.

the book wasn't much first just the same ole story of a very average girl who happens to bumped along strange creatures. What really caught my attention is that the main heroine has really something in common with me, like duh, she has a book blog and she likes YA books, so yeah the main heroine serves as my anchor when I was reading the book.

But it turns out that the book was great the plot is original, unlike the author's previous one, and I find myself really sucked in to the book, like every page is really gripping and I was introduced to a lot of foreign stuff about aliens cause it seems like i really have zero knowledge about them. It turns out that not all aliens are green and slimy some of them are HOT! oh YES HOT! I mean Daemon is like... like... gosh i have three words for you SWEET.BABY.JESUS! Crap ohhh Crap! hahahaha!

i really like how the book ended I mean a lot of debut book of the series it always end up that the boy always get the girls affection and they live happily ever after, but Obsidian's ending was different, never have I expected that the ending would be like that. HMMM. so i am most definitely looking forward for the next book cause some psychic part of me is saying that it would be filled with A LOT OF STEAMY AND HOT SCENES ***KYAAA***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

Eunice Go visit Jennifer's blog and read Daemon's POV from THAT chapter! And drool over and over again! Haha! Nice review, btw. :DDD

Gabby thanks for the info! I'll surely check it out! thanks for liking the review also. \:D/