Angie's Reviews > Now I Rise

Now I Rise by Kiersten White

bookshelves: historical, fiction, signed-books, young-adult

My Review: Again, why did I wait so long to read this series?! I think I actually enjoyed this, the second book, more than the first and that is a rare thing. I loved the character development of each character on their own and the way their relationships change as the world around them changes. Lada is such a strong character, she has so much determination and will stop at nothing to achieve the goal she set out for, no one can stand in her way. She is brutal and punishing to those who oppose her but she feels that it is necessary to improve the country she loves and make it a better place for those around her. Radu faces a whole different struggle, while he might not be as physically brutal as his sister, he does have to make just as hard of decisions. I feel like Radu really developed in this story, he found the lines he will and will not cross and begins to question how far he will go for someone who does not love him the way he wants. Both siblings face insurmountable obstacles and decisions but they are stronger for it. I cannot wait for the final book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Now I Rise.

August 1, 2018 – Shelved