Carien's Reviews > Captured

Captured by Julia Rachel Barrett

Dec 16, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: scifi

I'm always on the look out for a good SciFi Romance where one of the leads isn't human, so that's why I picked up Captured.

And I have to say: It's an enjoyable erotic romance as long as you don't mind that the story has plot holes big enough to swallow up small countries.

I had some trouble with this and with other glaringly obvious plot holes, but otherwise I enjoyed the romance, which is really hot.

This book won't end up on my reread pile, but I'm willing to try something else by Barrett if the story sounds appealing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captured.

Goddess Of Blah Great review! I'm glad someone else picked up on the plot holes. The argument that humans were inferior was not convincing considering the Aliens didn't seem much more sophisticated than humans.

"It's an enjoyable erotic romance as long as you don't mind that the story has plot holes big enough to swallow up small countries.

Ekkatt thinks humans are little more than animals at the beginning of the story, still he speaks almost every human language and he has visited Earth many times, has seen human cities and has even been in them to abduct humans. Ehm.... either Ekkatt is a little slow in the head or Barrett didn't think this through."

Spot on! I stopped reading as I dislike really gaping plot holes, which is a shame as there was great potential.

Carien Goddess wrote: "Great review! I'm glad someone else picked up on the plot holes. The argument that humans were inferior was not convincing considering the Aliens didn't seem much more sophisticated than humans.

"..."

Yes! I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this. I was starting to wonder if I was overly critical after reading some of the other reviews.