Anne's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: read-in-english, favorites

Another wonderful installment in this fantastic series!
J.K. Rowling's writing style continues to blow me away. The way she writes is just so easy to read and always makes me feel super "comfortable" in the world she created. And what a wonderful world that is! My love for each character grows bigger and bigger with every book. Their development is very well done - it's realistic and believable.

This book explores a lot of Lord Voldemort's past, which was great, because you learn so many things that make this character even more interesting. The way these flashback scenes were integrated was so well done and perfectly fit into the story. I also found the overall concept of the Half-Blood Prince very nice.
My most favorite thing about this book has to be Draco's arc and storyline, though. He is one of my top fictional characters ever created, and to see him playing such a huge role made me incredibly happy.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

August 1, 2018 – Started Reading
August 1, 2018 – Shelved
August 5, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
August 5, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-english
August 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Dyer I completely agree with you about your spoiler, I have ALWAYS felt that way too! I've reread the series easily 20+ times and still don't understand it. You're not alone!