Linda Banche's Reviews > A Christmas Sleeping Beauty

A Christmas Sleeping Beauty by Lindsay Townsend

Dec 16, 2011

Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

A Gem of a Christmas Story

In Lindsay Townsend's A Christmas Sleeping Beauty, a delightful take on the fairy tale, an arrogant prince meets his match in a sleeping princess.

A little too cocky for his own good, Prince Orlando intends to kiss the princess and take her kingdom. After all, he just hacked through a mountain's worth of thorns to reach her. He deserves a reward. But his kiss doesn't wake her. Why not?

I like a man who learns from the error of his ways, and Orlando must change in order to win Princess Rosie. And change he does, with a little help from Rosie herself, in the form of a letter, and her fairy godmother. And I like Rosie, who, even though she sleeps, shows us the kind of caring person she is. I also like the fairy godmother, a cranky old lady who isn't afraid to berate a prince.

Subtle touches of humor enhance this enchanting story of transformation through love. A wonderful reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. Enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Sleeping Beauty.

message 1: by Gaile (new)

Gaile Sounds like a children's book with that name Rosie but you got me curious enough to want to read it.