Samantha's Reviews > Anxious Hearts

Anxious Hearts by Tucker Shaw

Dec 16, 2011

bookshelves: coming-of-age, girly, random-fun, reviewed, romance, teen-read
Recommended for: Just about anyone....YOU!!!!

Wow...wow. I started this book yesterday at school and found myself getting suctioned into the pages. I kinda felt like I was getting 2 books in 1. (view spoiler)

I actually thought the dual story thing was amazing. I didn't find myself distracted at all. It seemed to me that it was like glue holding the entire book together. Although, it might be nice to read the present story by itself and then go through and read the past story in its entirety. I honestly believe that as we were revealed more of the past, the connection between Gabe and Eva was developed better.

Also, I really enjoyed the designs that separated the perspectives. Eva's was really pretty and Gabriel's added a feeling of history. {at least I think so} The designs actually improved my overall experience with a book. PLUS, (view spoiler)

So, the actual romance between Eva and Gabe seemed to drag a bit and at times I wasn't feeling it, but there were others where I was saying: "Awww!!!" I think their relationship could have been developed just a bit more.

Now to pinpoint a couple things:
(view spoiler)

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and all the little scenery details. A lot of times, I don't, but somehow the way it was written reminded me slightly of Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Just something about the way the woods are is kinda reminiscent of the woods there and how the light shines. I'm glad I took the time to read this book, and as long as you don't get too confused with the past/present perspective change---you should too. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anxious Hearts.

December 15, 2011 – Started Reading
page 102
37.5% "So sweet so far...I'm really hoping they end up together...but what is up with the ships?? =)"
December 16, 2011 – Shelved