Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers's Reviews > Summer Seduction

Summer Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken

20126898

Summer Seduction is the second book in the Cruel Summer series. You can not read this as a standalone so if you haven’t read Summer Heat then what are you waiting for. Go. If you haven’t read it then maybe skip this review. I will make it as spoil-free as possible, just in case you don’t listen. Lol

Ray still hates Marlo. Marlo still hates Ray. Just as much as they love each other. Their story continues after he gets revenge on the princess who made his life hell in high school. Was it worth it? To see her in pain.

Marlo and Ray’s relationship is complex. They are both afraid to trust. To let their walls down. To let the other in. To only let them break them all over again. Who’s Wall is going to crack first?

I love these two! The banter. The fighting. The passion. The tears. The looks. The dancing. Everything.

Overall...I am fully invested in their relationship. Whatever it is. I need the next book. Now.

Quotes:

“High school had ruined him; college had refined him.”

“I was an addict for his truth, scrambling with my hands, digging through the dirt to seek it out, to uncover the treasure.”

“Ask me what I did last night.”
She took a sip of coffee, her eyes narrowing. “Went for another stupid run where you got birds to wave at your eight-pack and squirrels to chant your name?”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Seduction.

July 31, 2018 – Shelved