Linda Strong's Reviews > Selene

Selene by Stewart Giles

4.5 STARS

DS Jason Smith and his team are investigating the murder of a man. He was drugged, then killed, and then tucked into bed as a parent would tuck in their child. A month later, another murder takes place. This victim, also, was sedated, then killed and tucked into bed.

There appears to be no connection between the victims ... no clues, no motive. They seemingly have nothing in common except for the fact the same weapon was used on both men .... and it was a full moon.

This has been the hardest and most frustrating time in Smith's life. Usually his gut feelings are to be trusted, but this time around the only thing he's having are what they call lucid dreams. Haunted by lucid dreams and terrifying double awakenings, Smith stumbles upon something that will send him on a hunt for the most baffling murderer the people of York has even seen.

Each of the books in this series is better than the last. Jason Smith has become one of my favorite characters. I really enjoy the mix of professional and personal. The returning characters begin to feel like family and I look forward to seeing whatever Smith gets into down the road.

There's lots of action, plenty of suspense, and many suspects to keep an eye on. There are a few twists and turns along the way that keeps the reader engaged with rapidly turned pages. The ending came as a complete surprise.

Many thanks to the author / Books n All Promotions / Jill Burkinshaw for the advanced digital copy of this crime fiction. Opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selene.

July 31, 2018 – Shelved