Annie Brewer's Reviews > Touch of Frost

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Dec 15, 2011

bookshelves: books-on-my-shelf, favorite, irresistable-hot-guys, favorite-book-covers-of-2011, absolutely-amazingly-awesome
Read from December 30, 2011 to January 07, 2012

So what do you get when you have a Gypsy, Spartan, Valkyrie and a Reaper all together??

A VERY bad-ass series, that's what!!! Well, that's what I got from Touch of Frost. I loved it!!! It was filled with mystery, suspense, oh and a very sexy Spartan! Gotta have the drop-dead, makes you weak in the knees everytime his name appears, heart pounding sexy hero!!! And that's just what Logan freaking Quinn is. Ohhhhhhhh man!

Gwen Frost, a Gypsy who can see and feel emotions (good and bad) just by touching things, attends Mythos Academy-a school of Magic, Myths and Warriors. Everyone there has a special power that Gwen can't seem to feel like she doesn't belong among these--weirdos. They all use crazy weapons and can chop off heads just using their bare hands. Once the most popular, rich powerful Valkyrie who is also the biggest bitch in school gets her throat sliced open in the school library and the Bowl of Tears is stolen, Gwen goes all detective. She tries to put the pieces back together and figure out just why Jasmine Ashton is the one to get killed and not her-especially since she was also in the school library that night and witnessed the murder. Things just get too weird. She runs into alot of trouble along the way, but also being saved from her death by none other than Logan freakin' Quinn, coming to her rescue-more than once. Eventually she learns that her destiny is more than bargained for but she is up to the challenge, determined to face anything that comes her way....

WOW, I just fell in love with this book! Of course I could have finished it in fewer days had I not wasted my valuable time to stop and read freakin BLOODROSE, which made reading less appealing for a couple of days due to the disturbing ending. But nonetheless, once I got back into this, it was a pretty quick read. I loved all of the Myths and talk of Greek Mythology. It was so fascinating and I don't normally read Greek Mythology, except for Starcrossed which I loved too by the way. But this was a fast paced, action packed adventure that kept me turning the pages intrigued to learn more til the very end.

I can totally relate to Gwen in some ways and that's what made me so fond of her from the beginning. Though she is braver and more courageous than I could ever be. But she is just an awesome kick-ass heroine that I adore. The only thing that bothered me about this book was the fact that there wasn't enough romance. I love action scenes and battles and such but dear God, you could feel the connection and romance between Gwen and Logan but since she could see and feel things, she never really touches him(because she'd have like a panic attack of emotions and see everything about who he is and all that). There were some scenes I wanted to slap her and say "KISS HIM ALREADY YOU FOOL OR I WILL"!!!!! But they were so cute when they were together and he was saving her. *SIGH*

I learned to like Daphne Cruz, a very popular Valkyrie who befriends Gwen once she realizes she's not that much of a loser and does a huge favor for her and hooks her up with Carson, a total Band geek. I had my doubts at first, but she turned out to be A-OKAY. I can see BFF in their future, which is good because poor Gwen has no friends.

All in all, this was an awesome book! Totally lived up to the hype of all my friends, so I am glad I read it. Now I look forward to reading the second book in the series....I need more Logan freakin Quinn!! And they better at least make out in the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Frost.

01/02/2012 page 40
11.0% "I am lovimg this already!! Got a slow start but I will be soaring through this in the next day!!!"
01/02/2012 page 105
30.0% "Gaaaah!!! I really like this book...its getting so good! But I need sleep! :("
01/04/2012 page 260
74.0% "Love it!! :)"
01/07/2012 page 260
74.0% "This is one bad ASS new series!!!! Love love love it!!!!!!" 4 comments
01/07/2012 page 260
74.0% "This is definitely going on my top favorite series!!! Omg, this is amazing!!! Damn you Bloodrose, I would have finished this by now!!! Gaaaah! >:^{" 1 comment

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Nuckels Wait a sec...your reading two books at once? Now your a two-timer! You know you can't have two fictional boyfrieds at once...that is soooo cheating!!!! LOL

Annie Brewer Haha....says who?!? I just finished my last 2 at once and now starting 2 more!! Haha ;)

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Nuckels So silly! LOL

message 4: by Nandanie (new) - added it

Nandanie annie!? wow! good to know that you're occupied! ;)

Kristina Snyder I loved this book!!!!!

Annie Brewer Yes its really good! But I have to put it on hold til I finish Bloodrose!! I hope it is worth it cause Mythos was getting really amazing!!! I hate having to stop reading a book.

Marie Its amazing:D

Annie Brewer Ummmm Logan Quinn....need I say more? Yuuuuuummmmm!!!! :)

Kristina Snyder Logan Quinn if full of deliciousness!!!!

Annie Brewer Omg he really is!!! :)

Arooj I've been eyeing this book for quite a while. I've read positive and negative reviews on it, so I'm not sure if I should buy it =\

Annie Brewer Buy it. Seriously. It's good!!!!!!!

Kristina Snyder I loved it!!!! I just got the second one in the mail. Can't wait!!!

Arooj Ok, ok, I'm convinced, I shall buy it soon! =D

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

<3 There's not much else to say...

Annie Brewer Kristina wrote: "I loved it!!!! I just got the second one in the mail. Can't wait!!!"

I almost got the second one instead of Bloodrose today. I really like that series so far. So much myth and cool history.

Codi, did you read that series?!

Ashley I liked this book a lot too! Can't wait to read to second one!

Kristina Snyder I want some more Logan time!!!!

Annie Brewer Yea he might heal my broken heart!!!!! Oh God Ren!!!!!! :'-(

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read the first and I go the second over christmas, I cannot wait to read it!

Kristina Snyder I can't wait to read the second book either.

Annie Brewer Yea I am gonna buy the second one with my money I return from Bloodrose. Logan is such a hottie. Maybe he will take my mind off the tragic ending with Ren. Maybe. I like Gwen....she seems smarter than Calla.

Marie Yeah I like Gwen too, and yeah shes waaaaay smarter! If calla was smart shed have the brains to pick Ren.! Logan is so hot, not hotter than Ren mind, but all the same hes cool!

Annie Brewer I think most heroines are smarter than her! I hate her with every fiber of my being! She doesn't know a good thing from her ass!! And no one is as hot as Ren except maybe a few others but....yea he's so gorgeous and wonderful and....gone! :(

Marie I know shes not my heroin by a longshot! I know only a few though! Dont say gone!:o I will not accept it, she better make another book where hes revived somehow! Gah hate her, and hate AC for making her 'real'.

Annie Brewer Oh if only she would, I might forgive her for destroying my fragile heart. But chances of that happening are very low. :( there is a prequel coming out in August called Rift...not sure if I will buy it now.

Marie Im not! Finished all ties with nightshade. Gah its nothing without Ren what the point knowing what happened before when it all ends like that? My lovely Ren is now, gone *sniffle* because of HER, its so stupidly pathetic.:(. I read that 'treachery' last nights, and Ren was in it. Bless::(:(!

message 28: by Marie (last edited Jan 04, 2012 04:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie And i read the end of bloodrose after that, the book is now burned into ashes and is somewhere in my trash can.

Annie Brewer Did you really?!? :'-( its so sad. I don't want to act as if there never ws a Ren. Gaaaah!!!!! I still haven't read Treachery yet. But with Ren in it.....I will def read it. So you read the end of Bloodrose huh....torture I bet.

MISS VAIN Yay! I'm so glad to hear you burned that filthy tragedy!!!

Annie, how's this one coming along for you??!:)

Annie Brewer This one is great!!! Loving it! I bought Kiss of Frost! :)

I updated my Bloodrose review...

MISS VAIN I loved it too.
Il checkout your Bloodrose review now. :)

Marie Yeah updated mine too, haha. Couldnt write much was so angry! I know yeah it was toture but i had too. Neither do I, cant just forget about someone you love even if they were fictional haha. Yeah treachery is good, and yeah that was the reasoon I read it, Ren<3

MISS VAIN Annie wrote: "Yay, I finished Touch of Frost finally. I loved it!!! :) Hope you're having a great night! "

Yay! I'm glad you finished it Annie. I loved it too.