Ash's Reviews > Admiring Ash

Admiring Ash by Anyta Sunday

32196340

bookshelves: arc, mm, omg-review

Admiring Ash is a great first book in the new Love Letters series by Anyta Sunday. In typical Sunday form, it’s slow burn, light on the angst, heavy on the feels, and leaves you with a smile.

Ash is the sole guardian of his teenaged sister, Danielle. He works three jobs to keep them afloat, yet they’re still barely scraping by. Ash’s priority is his sister and making sure she has what she needs to be successful. He’s also convinced he’s not cut out for relationships since the Heartford family has a tragic history with love. River comes into his life with the news that he has inherited a bookstore and home - from a grandfather he didn’t know about. Throughout the story, River and Ash get to know each other (oh, the sweet, sweet slow burn) while Ash tries to decide if he wants to keep the store or sell it to have cash on hand, mostly for Danielle’s school and college fund.

I’ll admit, I was preoccupied for half the book trying to figure out the tax liabilities for Ash in being gifted a bookstore and possibly selling it (adulthood, amirite?). But despite my random googling of tax liability between chapters (I promise I have a life), I really enjoyed this book. River and Ash fit together really well; they want the same things out of life, they’re both subtle and quiet. They just fit.

In addition to the romance, there’s a great exploration of what family is and making your own family. Ash and River have completely different backgrounds - loving parents vs. disappearing parents, wealth vs. poverty; but in the end, their families are what they make them.

Admiring Ash is a wonderful introduction to Greenville and the cast of characters we can expect to see in coming stories, and River and Ash are too perfect for each other.

An advance copy was received for review on OMGReads/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Admiring Ash.

Started Reading