Nat K's Reviews > Peggy and Me

Peggy and Me by Miranda Hart

liked it
bookshelves: 2018-books, family-and-friends, humour, quirky, animal-magic

Peggy, Peg, Peggles, The Pegster, Pegaroo, Pegaloo, Mrs Peggychops, PeggaPoppaLicious, Miss Peggy, Peggo, Le Peg and My Little Russian Hat **

Such fun! A quirky and adorable read. Anyone who has ever had a close bond with a pet will totally understand Miranda Hart's dogmance with the delectable bischon-shitsu-frize ("shitty frize") who is known by all of the above names.

This book is like wearing your favourite comfy pj's with your novelty animal slippers, cup of something warm and sweet with a packet of tim-tams at the ready. It's just so cozy and familiar.

Miranda unexpectedly finds herself the owner of Peggy, and this book follows their life together, as they get to know each other. Lots of cute doggie adventures entail, and "ahhhh" moments of just how much our pets have become part of our families.

This book was about learning to trust and love again...and to the live in the moment (think of a dog running free along a beach, or with its' head stuck out a car window, just enjoying life).

Miranda & Peggy, you're both PAWsome! 🐾🐾

** The Russian Hat = Miranda lying on the floor with Peggy on top of her head like a hat. Lots of pictures ensue. Nice one Miranda.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peggy and Me.

July 30, 2018 – Started Reading
July 30, 2018 – Shelved
July 30, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-books
July 30, 2018 – Shelved as: family-and-friends
July 30, 2018 – Shelved as: humour
July 30, 2018 – Shelved as: quirky
July 30, 2018 –
page 15
4.93% "Utterly quirky & delightful. Just the tonic!"
August 1, 2018 –
page 45
August 2, 2018 –
page 80
August 8, 2018 –
page 120
39.47% "The dogmance deepens!"
August 10, 2018 – Shelved as: animal-magic
August 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Fergus (new) - added it

Fergus WONDERFUL Heads-Up, Nat!

message 2: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat K Fergus wrote: "WONDERFUL Heads-Up, Nat!"

This book is a lot of FUN Fergus. A delightful, light read.

message 3: by Ron (new)

Ron Great review Nat. We all have those cute multiple/alternate names for our pets...don't we? I always did, but maybe not quite as many as Peg.

message 4: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat K Ron wrote: "Great review Nat. We all have those cute multiple/alternate names for our pets...don't we? I always did, but maybe not quite as many as Peg."

So true! Skinny has dozens of names (and she answers to every one of them) ;-)

JV (semi-hiatus) Fantastic review, Nat! 🤗

message 6: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat K JV wrote: "Fantastic review, Nat! 🤗"

message 7: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Ahh sounds like the perfect tonic if I’m ever feeling down and blue and need something cosy and warm to read.

message 8: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat K Vanessa wrote: "Ahh sounds like the perfect tonic if I’m ever feeling down and blue and need something cosy and warm to read."

It's gorgeous! And it's certainly turned into cosy reading weather all of a sudden ;-)

JV (semi-hiatus) Nat wrote: "Thanks JV! I love Miranda Hart, and her quirkiness is just as gorgeous in print."

You're most welcome, Nat! I first knew about her when I saw the movie Spy, it was so hilarious and Miranda's humour was spot-on! 😂

message 10: by Joe (new)

Joe Krakovsky That was a cute review, Nat.

message 11: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat K Joe wrote: "That was a cute review, Nat."

Thanks Joe! It's a delightful, lighthearted book.