Roberta Blablanski's Reviews > When Fate Falls Short

When Fate Falls Short by Brooke Edwards

71192752

bookshelves: m-m, absolute-favorites

Have you ever read a book that started you off with a smile and all those fuzzy, cute feelings just to crush you into a million pieces at the end? That is this book, and I loved it.

Edwards' words convey emotions so perfectly, I was a snotty, blubbering mess for the last half of the book. I love stories that stray from the conventional formula of two people fall in love, overcome a conflict, and live happily ever after. The reader does get the meet-cute and falling in love part. But real life doesn't always end on a high note, and When Fate Falls Short drives that point home.

The characters are well written, and it wasn't hard to sympathize with each one, even on the opposite sides of the conflict. My heart ached for the men and the pain they experienced.

If you're looking for a story that is going to leave you with that aforementioned fuzzy feeling, this is not it. But I can guarantee this is an excellent read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Fate Falls Short.

July 30, 2018 – Shelved