C.G. Drews's Reviews > There's Something About Sweetie

There's Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon

bookshelves: contemporary, read-2019, young-adult

Somedays you just need the cute and fluffiest of romcoms (with a bit of angst because OF COURSE) and this definitely delivered !! I think When Dimple Met Rishi will always be my favourite, but aww there was so much to adore with this one.

➢ I loved how Sweetie was The Softest and so wise and mature, but also not about to be walked over! I love angry girls, but soft girl rep is important too and I just adore her!
➢ I actually didn't remember Ashish much from Dimple & Rishi's book oops, but he was a cutie. He was barely badass like he thought lolol. A cutie.
➢ I do not like sport! But I liked that they liked sport!
➢ Appreciated the parents' arcs; and just all the active parent involvement here.
➢ Of course it's epic to have such loving #ownvoices desi rep (and there was discussion about culture; wanting to be modern and love traditional things too)
➢ Super hyped for Pink and Samir's book AH.

My only drawback was that they fell in love FAST. 😂I'm a cynic. It just felt a bit Too Much at times (they're 17 omg) but at the same time, it was ridiculously cute and sappy and I ship them so so much. So maybe cynic-me can hush for a minute.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There's Something About Sweetie.

July 30, 2018 – Shelved