Zoé-lee O'farrell's Reviews > The Little Cornish Kitchen

The Little Cornish Kitchen by Jane Linfoot

bookshelves: tf

Well, was this not just the cutest, although my only gripe....it made me so hungry! I have even gone hunting for macaroons, I mean opening the book and just reading about them...torture.....still salivating now.......anyway moving swiftly on!

This book is cute! The author has created a group of friends, the mermaids (and seriously I want to be a mermaid!) who have been friends since the nappy days, always there for each other and still firm friends in the adult years - I loved this.

We follow Clemmie, the free-spirited one, she doesn't want to be tied to a man or a house. She comes back to Cornwall for a paid holiday, to see her friends, and to sell a flat she had inherited. However, when the gorgeous broody Charlie wants to buy it from her, she has to make a decision and one that involved food and lots of it!!! What makes it worse is that Charlie and his gorgeous little dog, Diesel live right next door! There is just no escape for her.

With the sights of Cornwall, it was nice to read this book by the beach, soaking the sun and the sea, and I could have been sitting in Cornwall with the girls. Albeit not hungry, good thing I was reading on my lunch break. This book made me laugh a lot, want to go home and bake, and failing that just going buy everything in a bakery.

This is my first encounter with Jane and her stories, but I have had lots of her books on my TBR list for a while, I will need to change this and actually go and buy the book (Really sorry I have not done this before please don't be upset with me!!) I thought this story was fab and so heartwarming, and to be honest, there is enough to go around for another book maybe...and another.....and another?? What do you think Jane...no pressure :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Cornish Kitchen.

July 30, 2018 – Started Reading