Missie Jones's Reviews > Be Witched

Be Witched by H.P. Mallory

Dec 15, 2011

I am a BIG...HUGE H.P. Mallory fan. I have read and Love both her series Dulie O'neil & Jolie Wilkins series. So I may be a little bias here...lol

From Goodreads :

In this sexy and spellbinding original short story, available exclusively as an eBook, bestselling author H. P. Mallory presents the exciting Underworld from a never-before-seen point of view—through the eyes of Rand Balfour, a drop-dead gorgeous warlock and the love of Jolie Wilkins’s life.

While the undead wage a brutal civil war, Rand Balfour has only one thing on his mind: protecting his true love, Jolie Wilkins, the savvy and spirited witch whose powers have made her the toast—and target—of the new Underworld order.

For Rand, keeping Jolie safe means guarding against allies and enemies alike. First there’s Sinjin Sinclair, a dangerously seductive vampire who has his fangs set on Jolie, and who Rand suspects of harboring a sinister agenda. Then there are the factions of supernatural creatures causing chaos at every turn. But most shocking is Rand himself, whose wild desire for Jolie may put her very life at risk. Torn between his duty and his passion, Rand must summon all his strength to withstand temptation, even if it costs him the one woman he cannot bear to lose.

My Thoughts :

The novella starts out with the retelling of the second book in the Jolie series, Toil and Trouble, from Rand's point of view. He is Jolie's Warlock love interest.

As I read, I got so involved with the story. H.P. Mallory did such a wonderful job writing this novella. It helped me understand Rand better, with his give it to her, take it back, love interest in Jolie.
I hate to give spoilers so I wont include any, but If you love this story as much as I do, This short story of only 55 pages in epub format, helps the story along and gives a little bit of insight from were Rand is coming from. The loss he has felt, and never wants to feel again. The Pain he went through. I almost cried.

I definitely recommend this novella. The best part is that its only $.99 right now on both Amazon & Barnes and Noble :D
I Hope you enjoy this read as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Witched.