R's Reviews > Hard to Hold

Hard to Hold by Jaclyn Quinn

liked it
bookshelves: m-m, reviewed

Cameron is incredibly shy, burdened by his past, unable to live his life as he wishes because he just can't stand up for himself. He see a man in the gym that really appeals to him. Not exactly sure why or where the feelings come from. He has been with women but has never felt fulfilled with them.

Jonah had seen Cameron watching him. The interest definitely went both ways. Jonah get the chance to open up his own gym in Havens Cove and figures he will never see Jonah again.

Meddling family put Cameron back into Jonah’s orbit. They slowly begin to connect. Jonah knowing his secret will probably push Cameron away, but knowing he has to tell him if they are going to move forward.

I liked Jonah and Cameron together. Their interactions were honest and I was happy with that. I realize that Cameron's history dictated the pace of the story but at some times it moved slow. I also think the drama towards the end of the story took away from the overall impact of them together. I do look forward to the next book.

Review Copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMGReads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard to Hold.

July 27, 2018 – Started Reading