Lexie's Reviews > Prisoner of Ice and Snow

Prisoner of Ice and Snow by Ruth Lauren

bookshelves: first-in-series

Quite enjoyes this middle grade fantasy - tho it's middle grade in the same way Tamora Pierce is (which is to say the characters all acted mature and dealt with political and personal matters most teenagers would have issues dealing with capably).

Valor and Sasha's relationship drove this for me. The two of them clearly trusted each other and would do anything for the other. It put some of the other characters at a disadvantage I think.

Feliks and Katia, while obviously close friends of Valor's, did not rank the same. For Valor there was one goal - save her sister. Uncovering a deeper, treasonous plot, was just icing on the cake.

This could have been a decent stand alone if the fact the Princess Anastasia was so obvious and with so little believable motivation. I did trust that she meant neither Sasha nor Valor actual harm, but if they came to it while interfering with her plan...complications happen.

But if the book had ended there I would have been so unamused. As is there's a second book, dealing with the direct ending scene to this one that I'm eager to explore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prisoner of Ice and Snow.

July 28, 2018 – Started Reading