Joc The Audio Flow Bookin Around Town's Reviews > Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely

bookshelves: listen-completed

Unbreak My Heart is about the journey of healing, finding peace and having a second chance at love. Such a great listen. Blakely tells a heartfelt story about letting go and learning to cope with grief the right way. I love that Holland knew how to give Andrew space to heal on his own so their relationship could get a second chance.

This is not a sugary, spicy, funny rom-com that we are used to by Blakely, but a story that encompasses all the emotion you get from loss and the steps one takes to become whole. How did I connect with the story? I believe all of us have had to deal with something so monumental that life took a turn. We may have used coping mechanisms that seemed minimal at the time, but found that it influenced our relationships with others and ourselves. I've been there.
With Andrew, we don't get all the details of his relationship with his brother, but we can sense the emotional connection and loss he felt after the passing. We see/hear it in the tone and attitude of the story. There was a moment there where Andrew questions if he had known his brother at all and begins to feel anger which is another stage of grief. However, his journey leads him to an understanding of what's important. That living life one day at a time with "NO REGRETS" is simply the best path to happiness.

Joe Arden delivers a perfect narration as Andrew. You can hear the vulnerability, sadness and determination in his interpretation. I am used to hearing Joe perform roles where he is an arrogant a-hole or a smug, conceited bad boy, however, this story, I believe allowed him an opportunity to flex his acting skills in a different type of romance. Definitely one of my favorite performances.

Erin Mallon, as always knows how to "be" the character. It is like she has a sixth sense and tunes in perfectly to deliver the character’s emotions. She nails it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! I honestly can say the Arden/Mallon pairing was a hit!

The Audio Flow Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbreak My Heart.

Finished Reading
July 28, 2018 – Shelved
July 28, 2018 – Shelved as: listen-completed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Cat (new) - added it