Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > Exclusively Yours

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

Dec 15, 2011

bookshelves: hqn-quick-reads, netgalley, books-i-adored
Read from December 13 to 14, 2011

It's been a few months since I've been able to really get into a Contemporary (Grown-Up) Romance Novel, but Exclusively Yours has changed that. From page one, Shannon Stacey had me laughing out loud, cheering for couples to make it and ready to throw the book out of anger! (To say I was invested in the characters may be an understatement.)

The heart of this story is about high school sweethearts, Joe and Keri. Joe's occupation as a reclusive author and Keri's as a tabloid writer both play well into the story helping to bring them together. I didn't always love Keri, mostly because of her driven personality - but I always enjoyed her character. These two had amazing chemistry and after just a few pages you could tell the sexual tension between them would be big at driving the plot.

But, we don't only have the main romance, Shannon Stacey packed a lot into one little book. Joe's sister Terry - who used to be Keri's best friend - is also dealing with an impending divorce, and her journey to discovering that it is not just her soon to be ex husbands fault is an interesting journey. There are moments when she is downright mean, but I fell in love with her character and was cheering for her to work everything out.

Mike and Lisa (Joe's brother and sister-in-law) also appear to be on rocky footing over the decision to add to their already large litter of children. And Kevin - the baby Kowalski sibling - is a funny addition, set up well to have book #2 in this three part series be about him.

I loved the setting of a family camping trip, especially the late night game of adult scrabble. Watching Joe face his own demons makes him all the more real.

Overall, Shannon Stacey has a fabulous book full of every emotion possible. Her characters are three dimensional and attach themselves well to your heart. I am anxious to read the second book in the Kowalski series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exclusively Yours.