Amy's Reviews > The Book of Peril

The Book of Peril by Melissa McShane

bookshelves: arc, thank-you-netgalley, a-really-good-book

E-book/NA/Urban Fantasy: I think this book is better than the first one. Granted the ending part of the mystery didn't explain everything fully as I wanted, but the book makes me jealous because I want to be Helena. The book is narrated in first person so you get to know Helena and all her faults and triumphs. This book brings back the same crew as the first book so I was familiar with everyone.

I do want to see Helena do more than work at the bookstore. If you think about it, she is in a dead end job. She needs to go to college and finish her education. I like Helena's heart because it is always in the right place, except when she's had a macchiato. She could be so much more selfish. I like that things don't always come easy for her when she's is trying to figure things out.

I want to thank the publisher for letting me have an advance copy of book 2 through NetGalley in lieu of a honest review. This is an easy read and I read it in two sittings. I contemplated procrastinating because I didn't want to leave Helena's world so soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Peril.

July 28, 2018 – Started Reading