Ashley Mayer's Reviews > From Here to You

From Here to You by Jamie McGuire

it was ok
bookshelves: advanced-reader-copy, netgalley-arc

"From Here to You" is supposed to be the start to a new series by Jamie McGuire. It's about Darby, who escapes an abusive fiancé on her wedding day. She ends up in a hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado where she works the front desk and meets Scott 'Trex' Trexler. This had the potential to be a great story but unfortunately it fell short.

Even though this book is the start of a new series I kept feeling like I was missing something. Characters were popping up with no introduction, backstory, or development and they are all immediate best friends with Darby even though as far as I can tell this was the first time they met.

The very beginning of the book, and the last 10-15% is the only true story we get about Darby and Trex. The middle section/majority of the book there's no development, just a reunion of people from previous books with no lead in to who those people are.

Fans of the author are probably going to love seeing characters who I assume are from previous books, while those new to the author are going to be left confused, shaking their head, and wondering who the story was actually supposed to be about.

I don't recommend this book unless you've read enough of Jamie McGuire's previous books to make sense of the confusing character parade.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Here to You.

July 28, 2018 – Started Reading