Betty Ann's Reviews > The Silent Girl

The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen

Dec 15, 2011

Read from December 15 to 16, 2011

I've read all of Tess Gerritsen's other books and probably enjoyed this one better than some of her other, current releases, especially within this series of Rizzoli & Isles.

Total side note here: the T.V. show is a totally different story compared to the books! (Isn't it always?) So if you enjoy the t.v. show but haven't read the books- I don't think they can compare and probably vice versa because I cannot watch the t.v. show since I've read the books! anyway....

The last book I had read of hers, Ice Cold, I didn't enjoy as much as this one. So, picking up this book, I wasn't totally excited to get started on it, but once I did I finished it in a day or two because I was easily sucked into the story and wanted to find out what happened.

There were definitely unexpected twists and turns throughout this book that took me by surprise and it really did keep me guessing until the very end. The story unfolded easily and naturally and the conclusion totally satisfied. I didn't feel gypped at all like you sometimes do in a story, where there's great build-up but then the story just ends and you feel like the author didn't know how to resolve things or was just tired of writing.

As usual, the regular characters also satisfied. They are well rounded and grow and change just like us 3 dimensional characters. I love that Jane and Gabriel are still together and glad that Maura is still done w/ Daniel! That was a little tedious. And I look forward to reading more about Tam. I hope he sticks around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silent Girl.