Fanna's Reviews > Sheets

Sheets by Brenna Thummler

72205668
Sheets not only pleases the eye but also tugs your heartstrings.

The story follows Marjorie who tries to save her mother's laundromat from going to the hands of a businessman, while her father suffers from the loss of her mother. The story isn't complicated but it's so heavy on the heart that you'll start feelingright from the start. It follows friendship, an unusual friendship at that, between Marjorie and a ghost. But this isn't your mainstream ghost--it's a cute ghost under the sheets. Yes, talk about uniqueness!

The art is just another amazing aspect of this book. The colors are so mild and cute that they immediately pull you into the right mood of the setting. The art has valid imperfections and subtle scribbles that make it all the more real. Definitely worth reading! The only reason I pulled back a star was for the pacing; as a lover of fast paced stories, I felt the pages turning slowly and that disappointed me at times. Though, it has nothing to do with the main story and its element so go in without considering my rating.

I received a copy of this via Netgalley but that, in no way, influences my rating and/or thoughts on it. Thank you Lion Forge and Brenna Thummler!

Blog/Website | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Pinterest

Initial Reaction: I liked it so much for the concept. The best thing was definitely the art and how real the character drawings are because there are imperfections and shit.

Full review to come soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sheets.

July 28, 2018 – Shelved