Louise Fisher's Reviews > An Elephant in My Kitchen: What the herd taught me about love, courage and survival

An Elephant in My Kitchen by Francoise Malby-Anthony

F 50x66

AN ELEPHANT IN MY KITCHEN BY FRANCOISE MALBY-ANTHONY AND KATJA WILLEMSEN - At 2.15 am I sadly finished the last page of this 'unputable downable' book!!! Francoise Anthony is the loveable French wife of the late Lawrence Anthony, author of The Elephant Whisperer. For those that have not heard of Lawrence Anthony, in my humble opinion he certainly must have been an elephant in his previous life because I have never come across any other human who could read and understand Elephants like this amazing man! He was their voice, their father, their friend. Sadly, six years ago Lawrence passed away suddenly and his beautiful Francoise was left with their lodge Thula Thula, their land and a wonderful mixture of wildlife.
It is now Francoise who takes to writing to share with us the trials and tribulations of life as a widow, doing her best to keep Lawrence's dream alive. And boy, does she do a remarkable job!! She takes us on a journey of the loyalty of the incredible elephant kingdom, the fabulous stories of all the rhino, hippo, dogs, and her brilliant, dedicated team that deal with what life in the bush throws their way.
The story, told with such fabulous humour, is mixed with profound sadness which I often found too heartbreaking to read. I had to skip pages as I could not bear reading what mankind do to our beautiful rhino. The cruelty is incomprehensible!
Thank you Francois and Katja for sharing so many wonderful stories and doing your absolute best to make the animal world a better place.
As a huge game park and elephant lover, I learnt so much from this remarkable book.
Francois you are my hero - sending love, admiration and respect from far away Melbourne. Loved, loved this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Elephant in My Kitchen.

July 27, 2018 – Started Reading