Robin's Reviews > My Love Story

My Love Story by Tina Turner

bookshelves: 2018-october, memoir-bio-rock

This was a terrific memoir told in a style that gave readers the feeling she was candidly talking about her life while sitting across from us in her living room. I'm sure there was much that Tina didn't talk about but what she did write was full of intimate details and events that have not been mentioned before such as her marriage to Ike (the "honeymoon" event was horrendous) and his transgressions, her relationship with Erwin and subsequent marriage (IMO, the marriage ceremony portion was a little TOO detailed), her recent health battles (stroke, cancer, kidney transplant), and her son's fairly recent suicide. I had great respect for Tina before reading this book but now admire her even more.

I honestly can't remember much of I, TINA, so unsure if some of this content was duplicated but I feel comfortable in thinking there is no need to read it as I believe this book will be sufficient for those who want to know more about her life. [If others feel differently, let me know in the comments.]

I did so want to give this five stars but even though I felt Tina was honest and open in her storytelling, there was a wee element of thinking much was omitted, and that's OK as it is her story to tell; I guess we don't know to know everything!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Love Story.

July 27, 2018 – Shelved