LenaRibka's Reviews > Sky Full of Mysteries

Sky Full of Mysteries by Rick R. Reed

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi, aliens, glbt, gaybookreviews, mm-romance

2.5 stars rounded up

I would hardly classify Sky Full of Mysteries as a science fiction novel. Yes, there is a science fiction aspect in it - the disappearance of Rory refers to to an extraterrestrial - but basically it doesn't matter who and why kidnapped him.

Actually he could fall into coma and awake from it twenty years later, or he could just lose his memory or have another life in the other city or somewhere in a far away country, it doesn't matter.

What matters is: what do you do when the love of your life suddenly and without any traces disappeared, without leaving a message, and you have to live with this burden not knowing what really happened to the person you planed to spend your life with, and who, no doubts, loved you unconditionally back?

Where can we take strength for moving on? How to stay whole when seemingly a full and happy life from one moment to another breaks apart?

There are questions this novel raises. But the most important question for me comes at the very end: How to make the right decision when the fateful moment one is longing for comes?

I am surprised to find out that many readers wished the different outcome. I might have many other complaints, but the ending is for sure not among them. Had Cole had made another choice, I would have smashed my kindle against the wall, I swear. With this ending at least nothing has been damaged.

All in all, an entertaining read, that doesn't answer all your questions and only raises a lot of new ones. Sky full of Questions.

This book is not bad written, but I found the story a bit superficial and the characters lack the charisma. But I think that I simply doesn't belong to a target audience for Rick R. Reed works.
I am sure that this book will find a lot of appreciative readers.

***ARC provided kindly to GBR in exchange for an honest review.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sky Full of Mysteries.

July 27, 2018 – Shelved