Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > Night of Miracles

Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version

4 stars! I’m so grateful Elizabeth Berg re-visited this quiet, uplifting story! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Woo! I listened to Elizabeth Berg narrate The Story of Arthur Truluv on one of my favorite audio renditions of a story, ever. She captures the poignancy to her characters, and I could not wait to read this follow-up to Arthur’s story.

While I think you can read Night of Miracles on its own, you will miss out on how Lucille, Maddy, and Nola came together thanks to Arthur, and Arthur’s character is too special not to meet in his own novel.

Night of Miracles is Lucille’s story this time around. She’s living in a quaint small town in Missouri, and she’s teaching baking classes to stay busy.

A new family moves in next door, and Lucille ends up caring for the young son, Lincoln, when a tragedy occurs. More tragedy and strife unfortunately happens, and the town of Mason becomes a character in itself as the community members join hands and lift each other up.

Night of Miracles is an easy, breezy, heartwarming tale of friendship and unexpected family. It is a treasure of a read, and I’m grateful that Berg took the time to write this follow-up perspective on Lucille along with some magical elements sprinkled in.

Thanks to Random House for the ARC. All opinions are my own.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of Miracles.

July 27, 2018 – Shelved
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read-owned-books
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
November 3, 2018 – Started Reading
November 12, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

message 1: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Nice review, Jennifer!

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS So glad this book was just as fabulous as it’s predecessor, Jennifer ;) I love revisiting quaint towns and endearing characters. Excellent review, my friend!!

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Very nice review Jennifer 😘

Babydimps (Suzy) Super review Jennifer! Glad you liked it! 😊🌺

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Really good review, Jennifer ;)

Cheri Such a lovely review, Jennifer! I agree with you on reading / not reading Arthur Truluv first, I think this story can be enjoyed without reading it, but to really appreciate it, to love it I think it's better to read The Story of Arthur Truluv first!

message 7: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Excellent review Jennifer! Sounds really good!🤗

Diane S ☔ Very nice review, Jennifer.

Kendall Wonderful review Jennifer! Loved this one too!!

Julie Lovely review, Jennifer! I'm looking forward to this one!! ❤

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Antoinette wrote: "Nice review, Jennifer!"

Thank you, Antoinette!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "So glad this book was just as fabulous as it’s predecessor, Jennifer ;) I love revisiting quaint towns and endearing characters. Excellent review, my friend!!"

Thanks, KAS! Yes, the town really added something special here. ♥️

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Wonderful review, Jennifer! I'm so glad you enjoyed it too :-)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Maureen wrote: "Very nice review Jennifer 😘"

Thank you, Maureen! ♥️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Super review Jennifer! Glad you liked it! 😊🌺"

Thank you, Suzy! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Diane wrote: "Really good review, Jennifer ;)"

Thanks, Diane!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Cheri wrote: "Such a lovely review, Jennifer! I agree with you on reading / not reading Arthur Truluv first, I think this story can be enjoyed without reading it, but to really appreciate it, to love it I think ..."

Thanks, Cheri! It really adds so much, and of all the characters, Arthur will always be my favorite.

message 18: by Fred (new)

Fred Shaw Excellent review Jennifer!

message 19: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Jennifer!

message 20: by DeAnn (new) - added it

DeAnn Love this review Jennifer! This is another one I want to read. I did like the first one. Sounds like a good holiday read, easy, breezy!

message 21: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Wonderful review Jennifer! I have never read a book by Ms. Berg.. all of the reviews I keep seeing make me wonder why!

JanB Jennifer, I just finished this today and I loved it too. Lovely review! 💕

Andrea Jennifer, l agree with everything. And I just finished it today and feel Elizabeth Berg crafted a perfect follow-up. Sigh. I’m so happy!