Kate's Corner 's Reviews > The Enforcer

The Enforcer by HelenKay Dimon

3.5 Touch & Go for me on this one Stars.

Characters & Chemistry.

Kayla Roy has moved around a lot after the bloodbath that happened at college she has been on the run ever since. She has changed her name a couple of times and has now moved to Annapolis. Working as a bar manager she leads an insular life but has learnt to survive over the past seven years.

Kayla has a quite strength about her where she shows no fear. Where she is stronger and that she is a survivor. She went with the punches here. In the past and now also in the present. She is wary and mistrusts most people but that is understandable.

Matthias Clarke CEO of Quint Enterprises wants to know what happened to his brother seven years ago. Through Mary Patterson (his birth mother) he has been given some information but it’s not enough, so he asks Wren for a favor. Wren grants him that favor but it comes with a string. That string is Garrett.
Matthias is as cynical as they come. He thinks that Kayla had something to do with the murders. Whereas he was protective of Kayla it took him a while to adjust. Why men also think that they are islands I shall never know. I really didn’t care that much about Matthias.

There was chemistry but to be honest I skipped most of the sex scenes, I’m currently just not really interested.

Writing, Plot & Pace.

Streaks of bright crimson slashing across beige paint and linen lampshades.
BAM I was hooked.

I love this author’s writing. The story and characters are engaging yeah, I know I said that in my previous review as well but my dislike for the main characters took my attention away from the overall plot. I enjoyed getting to know them, but they aren’t a couple I would want to revisit. I felt the ending to be unsatisfying for me and what happened with Kayla. Okay so it was something I didn’t see coming. There were a lot of twists I didn’t see coming. The author once again got the banter down pat and the suspense also kept me on my toes.
There were times I struggled with the pace and the plot and others where it flowed well without a problem. I know that there was one time where I had to stop reading as I was too tired to read about their back and forth antics. But once I’d had a good night’s sleep it was fine. But as I mentioned there were touch and go moments. What is always iffy for me is that he skirted the truth a lie by omission is still a lie. There is no other woman drama.

One of kind plot here. Through reading book 5 I still didn’t anticipate some things. There was never a dull moment and I had a lot of fun with this book.
The real star of the book is Garrett and his book is up next.

Verdict.

I liked this book but not as much as I wanted to. The characters are strong and are put through the wringer, but I couldn’t connect with the characters, with their emotions. It is still a strong book in the series but not my kind of book. Please read the series it really is worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enforcer.

Quotes Kate's Corner Liked

HelenKay Dimon
“Explain." "Can't I give you a name and then you go and tell your woman to hunt this person down?" Seemed simple enough to Matthias. Wren's eyes bulged. "Only if you want to make sure I never have sex again.”
HelenKay Dimon, The Enforcer

August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: makes-me-laugh-makes-me-smile
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: pierced-and-tatted-or-not-but-hot
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: suspense-crime
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: wounded-warriors

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review hun! :) xx

Kate's Corner Thanks sweetie.