Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)'s Reviews > The Girl the Sea Gave Back

The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young

I received an ARC from Edelweiss and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

DNF at 37%

This was one of my most anticipated releases and, here I sit, very disappointed. I thought that I was going to really enjoy it, but it never happened. My complaints about the book boil down to two main points:

- The POVs were indistinguishable. I literally couldn't tell them apart while reading and would get confused mid-chapter about who this was.
- There doesn't feel to be a plot. It's just meandering around, searching for something.

I couldn't picture myself finishing this and I'm really sad about that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl the Sea Gave Back.

July 27, 2018 – Shelved
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 27, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult-fiction
May 13, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
May 13, 2019 – Shelved as: from-publisher-or-author
July 27, 2019 – Started Reading
July 27, 2019 –
15.0% "I'm interested to see where this goes, but I can't really tell the POVs apart so far."
July 28, 2019 –
37.0% "This is kinda boring... Like, where's the plot?"
July 29, 2019 –
37.0% "I just picked this up today and made a face when I thought about reading it. This one isn't working for me. DNF and RTC!"
July 29, 2019 – Shelved as: dnf
July 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Bravo Oof. I DNF'd this and I feel terrible for it. 😭

Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his) I'm one of those people who doesn't feel bad DNFing ARCs, but I'm sorry it didn't work for you!