Kate ☀️ Olson's Reviews > Winter in Paradise

Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand

bookshelves: adult-reads, advanced-reader-copies

🏖 LOVED IT! Thx to @littlebrown for this free review copy 😘
Elian Hilderbrand has always been one of my favorites and her newest novel is no exception ~ I absolutely loved Winter in Paradise and am already mourning the fact that I’m going to have to wait a whole year to get my hands on the next in the series!
Set at first in Iowa City, Iowa and then on the tiny Caribbean island of St. John, with family secrets and drama and a mysterious death, this book doesn’t at all read like a suspense novel. It’s somehow cozy despite the nature of the content and I loved every page. It’s smart and witty and dreamy all at the same time. Hilderbrand writes in her author’s note about her strong personal connection to the island, and that shines through so clearly throughout the entire book. I’m definitely adding St. John to my list of travel dreams!
NOTE: This actually isn’t a holiday book at ALL, but I’m keeping it on my holiday reading list and my shelf on Goodreads because of the title 😉 If you don’t have time to get to it in December, it’s a perfect one for that cold dark period of late winter!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter in Paradise.

July 26, 2018 – Shelved