Jeromy's Reviews > The Wizard Heir

The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

M 50x66
Dec 14, 2011

liked it

The book I read was the wizard heir by Cinda Williams Chima. This book was about 458 pages long. The Wizard Heir is about a teenager who has these wizard powers, but he doesn’t know how to use them, or what they are. Later he is sent to a university, and soon finds out that this school is not an ordinary school, and that it is in a remote location in trinity Ohio surrounded by nothing but forests.
The characters in this story are well developed, because in this book, the most of the characters are explained in depth and are introduced in the story using another character to introduce them to Seph, the main character. The characters in this book can be realistic, but the people who were weir, or the people with powers mainly wizards are not realistic, because well they have magical powers. I think that the characters are well rounded, because the writer made them have individual characteristics.
I find the book realistic in the sense of how the book is written, but it is unrealistic, because of the powers that are used by the wizards in this book. What I like most about his book is all the twists in it, in return that made it difficult to guess what was going to happen next. It seemed that this book didn't move fast in the beginning, but as you as the reader read more and more of the book, it seemed like it was moving faster and faster as you get farther in it.
I personally don’t mind how the author writes up this book, sometimes it can get too wordy, and other times it is better and readable. Some of the characters names are hard to pronounce but other than that it’s a good book. I would recommend this book to someone who can read a longer book and actually enjoys reading, it is a good book and it has a good foundation, making it a plus to the reader and makes it easier to read because of that foundation. this book would be good for a person who likes moddern time fantasies about people with different magic powers and abilities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wizard Heir.