Karen Mc 's Reviews > A Girl Like Lilac

A Girl Like Lilac by Victoria L. James

Less worrying, more living.

Have you ever read a book that has moved you so much and means more than you can pen into words? I’m just a girl, crying into her kindle, mourning the end of a story I wanted to feel forever. Victoria L. James wrote such a stunning story of forever love that there are not enough words to express my love for A Girl Like Lilac. I was MESMERIZED—so UNEQUIVOCALLY MOVED—by A Girl Like Lilac., a story I LOVED so much! This tale took my breath. Took my soul. Took my heart. Took all of me. A Girl Like Lilac. is so broken and beautiful—I was BESOTTED with this book!

Once I started this stunning story, I didn’t want to stop. I knew right away that this story was SPECIAL; A Girl Like Lilac is the kind of story that sticks, the soul-stirring type that stays long after the last page is turned. I knew this tale would hold my heart in its hands forever, and I would let it take my heart as its own because A Girl Like Lilac OWNED ME and MY HEART FROM THE START.

I was a Hunter by name, sure. But for Lilac Clarke, without even realising it, I’d become a protector at heart.

What an aspiring novel with an engaging voice, a powerful and poignant plot, and some sensational and soulful writing! A Girl Like Lilac paints a pretty picture where each emotion is a color, so bold, so beautiful, and so bright. This tale is flawlessly executed with characters that are caring, charismatic, and compelling. I adored this hero and heroine so much! Lilac is as beautiful and bold inside as she is outside. Toby is a knight in shingling armor, the definition of hero, as cute as he is kind. Lilac and Toby are both so beautiful and brave with hearts of gold. They melt together and are true soulmates. I felt their connection course through the pages, penetrating me everywhere. It felt like this hero and heroine lived a thousand lives together.

”I’m not worth that kind of trouble.”

“You’re worth a war, Lilac.”

As this story told its truths, bits of wisdom dispersed through the pages, I felt wiser.
I found myself clapping for justice against injustice. I found myself high-fiving the strong hero and heroine in my head . . . so many times. I found myself crying for words that spun my soul around, nearly knocking my heart out of my chest, a heart that beat for every word of this beautifully broken book. I found every feel in a story that is EVERYTHING!

”It will always be you, Lilac.”

A HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL coming-of-age journey, A Girl Like Lilac sparks with magic, hugging the heart while singing to the soul. A Girl Like Lilac is one of the most EXQUISITE and EXTRAORDINARY love stories I’ve ever met! This story made me melt . . . made me break . . . made me think . . . made me feel. I cried tears of joy and tears of sorrow. A Girl Like Lilac made my HEART BLEED and my SOUL SOAR, and I can't stop feeling this romance. This beauty in words will hug me for life.

”You look like a man who’s been to war.”

“You were worth every second of it.”

Somehow, someway, Bryan Adams’ Robin Hood lyrics played in my head while reading, so perfect, so perfect for this journey.

Oh you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you
I’d lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you
You know it's true
Everything I do
Oh, I do it for you

This is a top 2018 and lifetime read! A Girl Like Lilac is YA AT ITS BEST! All the amazing stars already! All the first and last kisses! All the things!

There’s a pleasure to being alive few of us notice, no matter how long we live.

💋💋💋💋💋💋 first and forever kisses

➡️ https://amzn.to/2uP6acu

Website: http://www.bookaliciousbabes.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bookaliciousb...
Readers Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/BBBBoo...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bookaliciousbb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bookaliciousbb

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Girl Like Lilac.

July 24, 2018 – Started Reading