Candis's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Megan Curd

Dec 14, 2011

bookshelves: angel, demons, read-to-review, romance, urban-fantasy, young-adult
Read from December 14, 2011 to January 03, 2012

I received this book as a R2R - as always, thank you so much to the hard working folks that make this possible (authors AND the PNR/UF ladies).

Being a fallen angel is rough. Its even harder when you are actually working for redemption. Levi has his work cut out for him as he works as a Guard - a sort of fallen angel version of a guardian angel- for his Call, a girl named Hannah. There are simple rules Levi has to follow. Keep your Call alive till their appointed time, and don't fight it when their time comes. Don't let them see you. Don't let them touch you. Don't get attached. For some reason...Levi is drawn to Hannah in such a way, for the first time in a hundred years, he's breaking all the rules. Can Levi protect Hannah and survive the consequences?

Pros: Love the twist on the typical guardian angel archetype. This story definitely gives a different perspective on the work that someone in a purgatory like situation can get. Levi is interesting to watch as he transitions from Guard to Guardian. You honestly cannot help but root for him, and for Hannah.

Cons: A little slow at first, but that is most likely just me - the story picked up just fine after that. Hannah, despite her minor moments of questioning, I felt maybe took things a little to easy-going.

Despite that, I think this is a great book. I can't wait to read more of Megan's work in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.