Miriam Hurdle's Reviews > Fairies, Myths, & Magic ~ A Summer Celebration

Fairies, Myths, & Magic ~ A Summer Celebration by Colleen M. Chesebro

Colleen in her book Fairies, Myths and Magic begins each section by an introduction. In the Fairies section, she describes the origins, the forms, and appearance of fairies. In the Myths section, she explained that myth is the oldest oral or written storytelling method to explain the strange natural or supernatural phenomena. In the Magic section, she points out that magic is defined as the supernatural power over the natural force and magic happens to us every day.
The short stories and poetry seamlessly weave into a pleasant dream that one wishes to stay in. The story of “Just What the Doctor Ordered” grabbed my attention because I have tinnitus. Roger’s tinnitus was cured after the fairs’ visit while he slipped into a dream over the Mojitos. I love “The Pond” A Haibun/Tanka Poem with the line “As I gaze into the pond, I see the reflection of the woman I’ve become. Past and future meld as one.”
The short story “The Leaving” was engaging from the first line to the end. It’s eerie but not too scary.
I love poetry so it’s enjoyable to read Colleen’s many poems forms.
There are so many intriguing short stories and poems that one must read them to experience the delight of the book. Highly recommended to read for pleasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairies, Myths, & Magic ~ A Summer Celebration.

July 25, 2018 – Started Reading