Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Mine!

Mine! by Shutta Crum

Dec 14, 2011

bookshelves: childrens, fiction, goodreads-author, picture-books, reviewed, dogs
Recommended for: very young children, particularly ages 2-4 & for discussing sharing
Read on December 26, 2011

A dog and two toddlers, and not sharing and sharing is the scope of this virtually wordless picture book. The word mine is included many times, but this is otherwise a story told through pictures.

It’s very cute and definitely accurately captures the play and toy possessiveness of most very young children. The dog was so funny and I was amused by the entire account. The dog’s exuberance, and that of the children, is a joy to behold.

This story is suitable for the youngest child, and might be a terrific book to read while talking about sharing with others.

The art style of the illustrations wasn’t quite my cup of tea, but I enjoyed them anyway. They’re amusing and sweet and they do a great job of telling what happens from moment to moment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine!.

message 1: by Lance (new)

Lance Greenfield Sharing and waiting one's turn (patience) are valuable lessons to teach at an early age, and books like this provide fun tools, by the sound of it.

Sadly, those lessons aren't taught enough these days. Now I sound like my mother!

Kathryn This was definitely adorable! ;-)