Nay Denise's Reviews > Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free

Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

bookshelves: christian, review-books, 2018-favorites

Received this book for review from the publisher.

This book has completely wrecked my spirit. I mean seriously. It has taken me 4 and a half months to complete this book and I am glad that I took my time with reading it. I initially received this for review and then decided to do this book with the bible study with my 13 year old sister. I have only gotten to chapter two with my sister, but I personally finished reading and annotating this baby up for myself.

This book reminded me of the younger me I thought was healed and long over things. This book revealed new things about the younger me that I never thought of or knew. I love how Nancy and Dannah kept this biblical and included and galore of scriptures to back up their points.

This includes personal stories from both Dannah and Nancy as well as stories from other women. I loved reading through them and then seeing how it correlated with my personal life and scripture.

Everything mentioned in this book from beauty to friends to social media to sex to family and more...it all was perfection. I highly recommend this to 7th graders on up. Even if you're an adult, read this because it can help you heal your younger self.

I am so glad I read this book and cannot wait to dive into the other books within this series:
- Lies Women Believe
- Lies Men Believe
- Lies Girls Believe

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies Young Women Believe.

July 25, 2018 – Started Reading
July 25, 2018 – Shelved
July 25, 2018 – Shelved as: christian
July 25, 2018 – Shelved as: review-books
July 25, 2018 –
page 15
6.7% "My God! Doing this book and the Bible study with my little sister and man -- this book is hitting me in the heart personally with somethings I thought as a teen and in college, I can only imagine how I'm going to feel when I read the Lies Women Believe book!!!"
August 4, 2018 –
page 32
14.29% "Sooo good! I know this for girls under 17 and I'm 27 years old, but this is wrecking me!!!!"
September 18, 2018 –
page 56
November 13, 2018 –
page 108
48.21% "Wrecking my soul! Chapter 7 was so amazing. Excited to dive into chapter 8. Trying to take this one chapter at a time, but I may just binge read this tomorrow. It's so good!"
December 3, 2018 –
page 156
69.64% "Ahhh, my younger self is crying with this book! Where was this when I was younger lol"
December 4, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-favorites