Sarah's Reviews > The Wife Before Me

The Wife Before Me by Laura Elliot

bookshelves: fiction

The Wife Before Me is a brooding read of which you can feel the tension growing through out.

At times this was an uncomfortable read due to the subject matter. From the outside Nicholas is the perfect catch. When we, as well as Elena, get to know him better, well my opinion of him soon changed. He certainly seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders having loved and lost his previous wife but appearances can be deceiving and like Elena, I was keen to know more about his previous marriage and the wife before her.

The story is split into parts as well as between past and present so we get to understand Nicholas as well as his first marriage more. It certainly makes for some intriguing reading as well as holding a few surprises.

This is a very dark read of which I was never certain which direction the author would take me. It's one of those stories that you keep saying, just one more chapter, of which of course, one more turns into several more as I was so engrossed. A definite page turner of a read.

My thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for an advanced readers copy of this book. All opinions are my own and not biased in anyway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wife Before Me.

July 25, 2018 – Started Reading