Kelly Wilson's Reviews > Vow of Thieves

Vow of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Just wow. Mary Pearson has just become one of my favorite authors after reading this book. It really puts the perfect punctuation on the end of a thrilling universe.
Person truly has a gift for story-telling. She kept me guessing at every turn, and is especially masterful at withholding bits of important information until the right moment. Her writing style makes you continue to yearn for more. I simply couldn't put it down!
As far as characters go, Kazi is a beautifully developed character. The reader feels fully immersed in her thoughts, feelings, and actions by the end of the book. Jase is an extremely lovable character as well. On the flip side, Montegue is truly someone to hate, and Pearson expertly cultivates a sense of loathing within the reader to make the reader feel as if they are part of the story. I was easily able to picture everything that was happening as if it was happening right in front of me. I appreciate that everything is not sunshine and rainbows with Pearson. She always manages to weave in some heartbreak to her stories.
All in all, I applaud Pearson on another successful and captivating read. I would recommend this to any and all avid readers.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vow of Thieves.

July 25, 2018 – Shelved