Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > The Reluctant Dom

The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Over 18

With tears in my eyes there is no way I can write this review now. An amazing book! Will write something soon.

My review

I feel numb after reading this book. I freely admit I am an emotional sap. I’m the kind of girl that can cry over the right commercial. But it’s been a while since a book has made me feel this way. Still I continue to reflect over these characters. I rarely re-read entire books. But I find myself considering re-reading this one and I’ve only just put it down.

In simple terms, this book is about three friends that have to deal with the loss of one of them. This story shows how they cope and plan, laugh and cry, and then move on when tragedy strikes.

This book’s title may deceive you like another book. This book is more than the BDSM title suggest. Yes, there is sex in this book and plenty of it. But there is meaning behind each act. There is a point to everything that goes on. This book differs from the other book that many talk about. There isn’t a bad boy that needs to be saved. But there is someone or more than one that need to be healed in this story.

I find myself very much in love with the martyr of the story. How can you not love someone who is so selfless to give up everything for your happiness? I think I may have found my book husband. His name is Kaden.

This author has succeeded on so many levels. I don’t know that I would have ever thought to mix BDSM with personal tragedy in such a way and succeed. Who would think a book about this subject would have you in tears to the point you finish a box of tissues? Certainly not me. For the most part, I was unable to put this book down and finished in one day. I have to give my hand to this author and will look for more books by her.

I recommend this book to mature audiences. Those who love Fifty Shades of Grey will love this book. It’s is very different than that one though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Dom.

December 14, 2011 – Started Reading
December 14, 2011 – Shelved
December 21, 2011 –
35.0% "OmFG! I'm in tears and in a good way. Can't put down. I have work to do but F it!"
50.0% "Day-amn!"
December 21, 2011 –
75.0% "Freaking heck! How can a supposed BDSM book make you cry like this. Crap!"
December 21, 2011 – Finished Reading
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Lisa Wadsworth I started reading this book at work, and couldnt STOP...when I wasn't reading it, I couldn't stop thinking about it...very "captivating" storyline...

message 2: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica Sounds interesting I'm afraid tho if it's too sad it might depress me, either way I'll mark it to read

Lisa Wadsworth I am reading Fifty Shades of Grey because it is suppose to be like Reluctant Dom...I am enjoying the book, but it is not nearly as good as the Reluctant Dom (in my opinion) The emotion throughout the book (Reluctant Dom) was over whelming, but it was an AWESOME love story between three people...HIGHLY recommend reading it

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) This book was very emtional. Even thinking about it brings tears to the forefront. And I loved the book for it. But it's very different from Fifty. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I bought this book based on the reviews. I really want to read it, I just feel like i have to prepare myself for it first. Mentally. Books that are able to make me cry kill me.

Lisa Wadsworth Nancy wrote: "I bought this book based on the reviews. I really want to read it, I just feel like i have to prepare myself for it first. Mentally. Books that are able to make me cry kill me."

It is emotional...but very worth it...it will leave you thinking about long after you have finished the book

Sheri I have this...I might have to read it next :)

Barbara Start reading today!!! :D