John Burton's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley

M 50x66
Dec 14, 2011

The book Scott Pilgrim Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O’Malley has two main characters Scott Pilgrim whom is a twenty three year old he is a quirky dorky dude that lives in Toronto Canada with his gay roommate Wallace. The other main character of the story is Ramona Flowers a new Amazon delivery girl that just moved from New York. He doesn’t actually know if she really exists because he sees her for the first time in a dream. The first time he really does see her is in the library when she is delivering a package. Then the next time he sees her is at a party and he totally creeps her out because he asks her if he dreaming, only because he usually is when he sees her. Then he says I will leave you alone forever now, but he just stalks her until she leaves the party. Then he runs around to everyone asking them if anyone knows her and a few people do, but he is forbidden from hitting on her by a girl at the party. He now formulates a plot to see her in a non-creepy way. So he orders cds off Amazon and waits until she gets there with them. The day the cds came he has a dream of her bringing them and sure enough right when he wakes up she’s there with his cds. So they talk for a bit and he finally convinces her that he’s not crazy and she decides that she will hang out with him. They hang out at the park and they get to talking and they can tell they like each other, then it starts snowing. So they go back to Ramona’s apartment and she makes Scott a cup of tea. From here things get a bit risky but nothing x rated, they both decide against it. All of the main characters are mostly fully developed because we know their age where they live the basics. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good laugh or anyone who needs a good laugh. But I you are not a comic book fan I would say give it a chance any ways.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1.