Bookgasms Book Blog's Reviews > Boy Toy

Boy Toy by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: shelly

Making me laugh is no easy feat these days. I feel like romcoms are all written the same and they all struggle to keep my attention.

Except this one.

This is some bit of sorcery right here. Not only did it make me giggle – out loud – more than once (and in public), but I had this peculiar feeling of being excited to read the book while I was actually reading the book. This sort of breathless anticipation to see what was coming next, and a sort of delighted feeling to get to spend time with Sadie and Liam.

I mean, Liam.

Talk about a guy I never even saw coming. I’m not really sure there’s anything more sexy than a man who is good with kids. Except maybe a man who is good with kids and also kind of nerdy and funny and kind and sweet and lavishing you with unwavering adoration. That’s pretty much the holy grail of sexiness and, in a nutshell, that’s Liam McAllister. Slightly over-eager and a smidge over the top sometimes, it was all part of Liam’s charm and I just completely adored him. The time he spent with Sadie’s twins? I just…I mean…I can’t even describe that level of adorableness. My heart never even stood a chance. It belongs to Liam now, and I am 100% okay with that.

Having been with this series from the beginning, this book felt like a reward. I loved getting to see all the happy couples together in all their zany, ridiculous glory. The friendships going on here are every bit as rewarding as the romance – and that’s saying a lot. There were just…a whole lot of smiles for me while reading this and that’s basically the highest praise I can award.

I swear this writing duo just keeps getting better, and I sincerely hope that we’ll get more from them in the future. Boy Toy was an absolutely perfect balance of laugh-out-loud funny and heartfelt emotion. It was smartly written, charming and sexy as all get-out. It’s the whole package and I loved every single minute of it. ~ Shelly, 5 Stars

*****
Ladies and Gentlemen, Sarina Bowen and Tanta Eby are romcom gold. I thoroughly enjoyed this story as both Liam and Sadie were so deliciously sexy as they were adorable. I loved the premise of the story and the swoony connection between our hero and heroine.

I thought Boy Toy was a great addition to this series and could not get enough of these two. Brynn and Ash were great but there was something about Sadie's relateabilty that I loved. A woman in her thirties who is struggling to get her mojo back with a divorce under her belt and a mom of twin toddlers. But when twenty-nine year old Liam Mcallister, a blast from her past, takes one look at Sadie and recognizes her as his babysitter from fifteen years ago, he makes it his mission to show her alll the ways he's come from being a teenager.

Gah! This was fantastic. Liam was sweet and sexy and hit all the right buttons. I just loved his devotion to Sadie and her girls as it hit me right in the mom feels to see this kind and nurturing man devote himself to babies. Gahh!! All in all this was great and I look forward to more! 4 stars! ~Ratula

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Toy.

Finished Reading