Katharine's Reviews > Us Against You

Us Against You by Fredrik Backman

I was terrified to start this one, thanks to my love of Beartown. I thought there was no possible way it could live up to it -- but it did. Backman has a way of writing devastatingly beautiful stories that will wreck you in the best way. It's difficult to find words to describe what he does, so I'm not even going to try. Plus, part of the pleasure of reading these books is going in with little information and just staying with it, without trying to figure out where Backman is taking you. As with Beartown, this book left me in tears, and with a giant book hangover.

Difficult subjects are tackled, ones that are very closely tied to the current state of our country and the world. It leaves you feeling hopeful that there is still good to be found, that life does go on in the midst of tragedy, and that differences don't have to be the death of us.

Basically, READ IT. And if you haven't read Beartown yet, yes you have to read it and what the heck are you waiting for?!

Thank you to Atria Books for gifting me this copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Us Against You.

July 24, 2018 – Started Reading