Katy's Reviews > Poor Unfortunate Soul: A Tale of the Sea Witch

Poor Unfortunate Soul by Serena Valentino

I am a huge Disney fan! Since I was little I loved everything Disney and it's no surprise that I adore The Little Mermaid! Considering the basis of this blog's design is based off beachy style! I was in Barnes & Nobles several months ago when I saw on one of the display shelves that Disney Published and author Serena Valentino teamed up to write books based off Disney villain's points of views. I immediately grabbed Ursula's book, Poor Unfortunate Soul. I just finished reading it recently and I was completely blown away!

I've read a lot of difference versions of retellings of fairy-tales but not like this! I like reading from different types of perspectives: good guy, bad guy, etc. There's always two sides to a story and Poor Unfortunate Soul definitely tells you Ursula's side of the story and then some! Valentino adds some other interesting details in Poor Unfortunate Soul that literally had me pausing my reading and saying, "Wait...what?!"

Ursula is still herself in this book and she is definitely evil too, but Valentino adds more depth to the sea witch and she actually made me feel bad for her. Seriously. Overall Poor Unfortunate Soul is any fantasy, fairy tale, Disney lover's dream. It is part of Valentino's Villain's trilogy series and can be read as a standalone but I feel like the reader would understand the book and series better if they had read the other books in the series, which I plan on doing very soon!

Full Review: https://amorettesreviews.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poor Unfortunate Soul.

July 24, 2018 – Started Reading