Brenda's Reviews > The Earl's Perfect Match

The Earl's Perfect Match by Kimberly Nee

Publisher's Description:

Bennett Markham, Earl of Dunning, needs an heir, which means he needs to find a wife first. His only requirements are that his bride not be a fortune-hunter and absolutely cannot love him, now or ever.

Love is not in the cards for Markham men.

Elena Sebastiano is more than a little surprised when the Earl asks her to play matchmaker for him. They barely know each other, so how is she supposed to choose the perfect bride? Nonetheless, the challenge intrigues her.

But what's a woman to do when she wants the man for herself? Convince him no one will do but her...

My Thoughts:

This is my first read by this author but it will not be the last. I may have missed out before because fantasy romance is not my cup of tea and I did associate this author with fantasy. She has, however written several historical romance books before this one and I will look into them.

A family curse, the need for an heir, a fiance who jilted him; these are the elements that make up Bennett Markham's life. He will absolutely not marry for love. That is one element not in the cards for our Hero.

Elena, our heroine wants nothing more than this man who surprises her by asking her to play matchmaker for him. What is she to do? She wants this man for herself, not to find him someone else.
Fighting their mutual attraction seems to be in the cards. Will Bennett finally give in and admit his love for Elena?

This well written regency surprised me with how much it drew me in.
I gave this book 4.25 of 5.0 stars for storyline and character development and a sensual rating of 3 of 5 flames.
Th angst between this couple is palpable.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book to read and review.
This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Earl's Perfect Match.

July 20, 2018 – Started Reading