Victoria Emslie's Reviews > Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story

Interview with the Vampire by Ashley Marie Witter

I had seen this graphic novel for some time, but never really had the urge to buy it. I had a love/hate relationship with Claudia while reading through the series, but when my best friend offered to buy it for me, I couldn't resist. And I was not disappointed.

The first thing I noticed was the artwork - it is so detailed and so beautiful, it literally brought tears to my eyes. Each page is a true masterpiece, and the artist captured the characters perfectly. She took Anne Rice's descriptions and turned them into people, not just words or images in my mind - she made them real.

As for the actual story line, I was pleasently surprised to find that it was well written. It is obviously from Claudia's point of view, and having that insight into her thoughts and feelings about the entire ordeal of her creation and life was eye-opening. It gave me more of a fondness for the character, a softness that I hadn't had before.

Overall, this is an amazing read and I will be recommending it to anyone I know that has enjoyed Anne Rice's vampires.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Interview with the Vampire.

July 23, 2018 – Started Reading