FMABookReviews's Reviews > Boy Toy

Boy Toy by Sarina Bowen

❝She smells like flowers. She smells like moonlight and secrets and wishes.❞

I love this duo. Bowen and Eby write as one brain, their collaboration is seamless and deceptively simple, and their stories are hilariously funny, yet tender-hearted. I am a fan for life, and pray they never stop!

Liam fell in love with Sadie when she spent the summer babysitting him and his siblings. Fifteen years later when she walks into the daycare center where he works, all those feelings and thoughts fourteen-year-old Liam had, come to life.
❝I have a confession to make,❞ Sadie says.
Fourteen-year-old Liam immediately reacts. Please say you want to touch my boner! Pleeeeeeease!

Sadie is a newly divorced, single mother of two adorable twin girls. She's not only gorgeous, she's smart and crazy funny. Sadie has to let go of her fears, the guilt associated with her divorce, and the "I shoulds" and "should nots" in order to find happiness. She's convinced dating a younger man is a recipe for heartbreak. And if she had a relationship with Liam, it wouldn't be long before he would find someone younger, sexier and prettier than she.
❝No, No no no no! Thou shalt not perve on the younger man! Shut up, hormones! Oh, hell. I'm a cougar.❞

Liam is such a contrast to the man Sadie divorced. He is loving and kind, tender and smart. He cares about her and her girls. And he's good! Good to her and good to them. It is his goodness that frightens Sadie. She can see a life with him, but in a few months, Liam is leaving to continue his doctoral studies, possibly in a foreign country. And then, what? Where will that leave Sadie and her girls? It's easier to keep him as her side piece than to risk her heart again.

Sadie's sister, Megan is AWESOME! I want my own Megan! She's her sisters biggest cheerleader and always willing to help out with her girls ... **taps the screen** Hey, Bowen and Eby ... Megan is getting her own book, right? RIGHT?
❝Saddle up, cowgirl. Do It. And yes---it's a legit thing that some men love cougars. And that's what you are, right? The horny divorcee out for the prowl for the young stud, ready to educate him and...❞

Tears. I cried tears! Not just from the hilarious moments, but from the touching ones, too! My heart broke for Liam, he is so good and he deserves good! It was hard because I understood Sadie's fears, and "mom guilt", and wanting to do right by everyone, all the while putting her needs, and happiness aside.

In this stand-alone story about first loves, second chances, and self-realization, Bowen and Eby bring us a heart-warming, funny story about a man with a 15-year-old crush and a woman who believes she's too old to be loved.

I was provided a review copy by the author. This did not influence my opinion of the book nor my review.

social_facebook_2x-cc59f12f4ab0551091a3a29deb45b3f1 social_twitter_2x-052a9e6a0bd59868c962adf399a55288 social_instagram_2x-843370a281412abe747151cf325a87f0 social_pinterest_2x-9d3478db114852e246866f524f395fc6 limav-flat-gradient-social-amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Toy.

July 23, 2018 – Started Reading
July 23, 2018 – Shelved
July 23, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
July 23, 2018 – Shelved as: multiple-authors
August 9, 2018 –
100.0% "I loved it! LOVED it!! -- Review to come --"
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: 5-it-fed-my-addiction-stars